So now I'm a few weeks into my job and I'm getting more and more comfortable with it and the staff here at Wellness International Network. I love learning new things (like Dreamweaver) and more about marketing. It's new and different but a great opportunity for me. I feel like I'm back in the Communications Department at BYU again sometimes with the learning curve, but it's shaping up to be a great gig! I'm happy here.
I miss getting paid to watch and analyze sports games...not gonna lie...but I don't miss working late nights on deadline. I could get used to this whole 8-5 lifestyle. I do miss working in my PJs at home (like my old online newspaper writing gig) but two jeans days a week isn't bad here. Once in a while I miss seeing my name in print, but I do like the creative/team environment we have here. Plus, we only have to host about one big event a month. I survived my first one pretty easily last weekend, so I'm not too worried about those. I actually have benefits and vacation days etc. too, which I have never had before, so I can't complain! :)
Friday, June 06, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I am so glad you are liking your new job. I am waiting (uh, patiently...yeah right) for a teaching job here in Colorado. I really hope I get a job teaching because I'm not sure what I'll do otherwise! :) Miss ya!
So happy you like your new job. I have to admit, it would be a hard one for me to give up working in pjs, but 8-5 hours sound wonderful. Matt does get to work in his pjs (scrubs) every other day, but his work day is around 5am-7pm, on good days. I guess you can't have it all.
Hi Ang, it's Val, your cousin Austen's wife. I just wanted to say "hi" and see how you were. I got your blogger off of Amanda's, so I hope you don't mind. It sounds like life is going well for you. Take care and keep in touch.
Post a Comment