Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Finally Catching Up

Wow, wow, wow! It's been way too long. I've been busy with figuring out my life, but I have made some progress. Here it goes....

In March, I was informed that my online newspaper company was going under, and I started looking for another job....again. It was a little ironic that I was made employment specialist in my branch, so go figure. I did a few temporary jobs, interviewed some and kept looking... More good news to come on that.

In April, I finished my second season of coaching a club volleyball team. This year I had a group of 14-year-old girls from Denton, which is only 20 minutes away (much better than driving more than an hour to coach in Cleburne like last year). The parents were so great and the girls were fun to teach and a hoot! We did well and won a few trophies. We have an end-of-the year party this weekend.

As of today, I was offered and accepted a marketing writer position with a wellness company in Plano. I love the work I going to be able to do, which will be a lot more creative projects besides just writing. I like the company, pay, benefits and staff. It was a quick process though. They posted the job on Saturday. I applied online on Monday, and I dropped off my paperwork on Tuesday at their office. They kept me there for a three-hour interview, gave me a test on the spot and sent me home with a deadline story to write that afternoon. Last night they sent me an email to come back for a follow-up interview. I knocked them dead again, and they offered it to me. They needed someone last week, so I start on Thursday. I love how things work out!!!!!

Also, my branch recently changed too. In a tri-stake conference a few weeks ago, it was combined with another neighboring singles branch. So church on Sunday was a full chapel of single people, which was quite a change from before. I didn't have to give my assigned talk because of the new changes but will have to speak this coming Sunday. I've prepared hard core for two weeks, so I should be just fine.

I have to go to bed now to ready for my first day of work tomorrow! Wish me luck...more to come soon....I hope!!

3 comments:

Kristin said...

Yeah Angie!! We are so happy for you. Hope you had a good first day.

Kirsten said...

Hey Ang! Congrats on the new job!

JaPinoy said...

Angie, I just noticed your blog address on your facebook account. I'm glad to hear that you like your new job! -Jill Ogawa